Mahmoud SLEIMAN   



    Sex: Male
Date of Birth: 1978    
At time of disappearance          
Age: 24 Height (cm): 180.0 Build: Medium
Hair Colour: Black Eye Colour: Brown Complexion: Olive
Nationality:   Racial Appearance: Middle Eastern    
Circumstances - Mahmoud Sleiman was last seen outside his Greystanes home on the morning of 02/02/2003, speaking with a male in a white Jeep Cherokee Mahmoud left with his car keys but no personal effects or identification. There are serious concerns for his safety and welfare.

Duo refused bail over drug boss's missing associate

February 17, 2004 - 4:16PM

Two men were refused bail today over the kidnapping of a close associate of a Sydney drug boss who is believed to have been murdered.

Abou-Jabal Faouxi, 27, and Moudi Tajjour, 20, appeared before Central Local Court charged with kidnapping a 24-year-old man.

The man, a key police witness, has been linked to Mahmoud Sleiman.

The kidnapping occurred over a three-day period at Merrylands in March 2002.

Two other men were charged with similar offences last Thursday by officers from Task Force Gain, a special police squad targeting an outbreak of gun violence in Sydney's south-west.

Mahmoud Sleiman disappeared on February 2 last year.

Police divers scoured part of the Parramatta River at Northmead in search of the missing man's body, but without success.

Last week, Sleiman Tajjour, 23, of Merrylands and Michael Ibrahim, 25, of Dover Heights, were remanded in custody on kidnapping charges against the same 24-year-old man.


Task Force Gain - Search for body of missing man with suspected drugs links - Northmead
Updated 09/02/2004
    Task Force Gain investigators will today conduct a search of bushland at Northmead, in Sydney’s west, for the body of Mahmoud Sleiman.

The 24-year-old is suspected of having strong links with drug trafficking in Sydney’s southwest.

Mr Sleiman disappeared from his Greystanes home at 7.30am on Sunday February 2, 2003. He was last seen getting into a car being driven by an unknown male.

Officers from Task Force Gain, the Police Airwing, and Dog Unit will today search for Mr Sleiman’s body in a gully in Moxham Reserve, at Ulandi Place, Northmead (near Churchill Drive). Police divers will also search the Parramatta River under the Church Street bridge.

Mr Sleiman’s disappearance is being investigated by Strike Force Motoren, one of 12 strike forces under the command of Task Force Gain.

Task Force Gain Commander of Investigations, Detective Superintendent Mark Henney, said investigators strongly suspect Sleiman has been killed by a group of rivals during a drug turf war.

“A witness has come forward with information to indicate Mr Sleiman’s body may have been dumped in Moxham Reserve after being lured to his death by persons trying to take over his business,” Det Supt Henney said.

“Gain investigators are acting on strong information that Mr Sleiman was heavily involved in the distribution of cannabis and amphetamines in Sydney’s southwest and dominated trade in the Auburn and Holroyd areas.

“The witness was a close associate of Mr Sleiman and has told us he was kidnapped and tortured by a group of men seeking to muscle in on his drugs business.” The witness claims his kidnappers drove him to Moxham Reserve where they planned to kill him but he managed to escape.

Moxham Reserve and the Parramatta River are among several places of interest to Strike Force Motoren.

Measures have been taken to ensure the safety and protection of the witness, who cannot be identified.

The alleged kidnapping of the witness took place while Mr Sleiman was in prison, awaiting trial over the shooting of a man at Berala.

The 27-year old Berala man was shot eight times outside his home in Woodburn Road, on January 17, 2002.

The State Protection Group arrested Mr Sleiman over this shooting during a search warrant at a home in Auburn on February 13, 2002.

Detective Superintendent Mark Henney said Task Force Gain investigators are also acting on information that Mr Sleiman had links with underworld figures and began to establish himself as a major player in the drug trade in 1996.

“At the time of his disappearance we believe Mr Sleiman’s business was worth up to $10 million dollars,” Det Supt Henney said.

“In 2000, the NSW Crime Commission confiscated $500,000 cash was believed to be the proceeds of Mr Sleiman’s drugs sales.

Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or the Task Force Gain hotline on 1800 131 555.

Dense bush thwarts police hunt for body of missing drug suspect

By Juan-Carlo Tomas
February 9, 2004


Police looking for the body of a 24-year-old man, suspected of being a Sydney drug kingpin, suspended their search yesterday in dense bushland.

Mahmoud Sleiman disappeared from his Greystanes home over a year ago and was last seen getting into a car with an unidentified driver.

Detectives from Taskforce Gain, investigating gang-related crimes in Sydney's south-west, suspect Mr Sleiman was murdered by rivals in a battle for drug turf.

Detective Superintendent Mark Henney said a friend of Mr Sleiman's had come forward to say the body may have been dumped in a densely-wooded park in the north-western suburbs.

Twenty searchers, assisted by the police air wing and dog squad, combed bushland at Moxham Reserve in Northmead until 1pm yesterday, when thick scrub forced them to reconsider the search using more resources. Divers also searched the Parramatta River near the Church Street bridge.

"Mr Sleiman's body may have been dumped in Moxham Reserve after he was lured to his death by persons trying to take over his business," Mr Henney said. "The witness was a close associate of Mr Sleiman's and has told us he was kidnapped and tortured by a group of men seeking to muscle in on his drugs business."

Anyone with information is asked to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000 or Taskforce Gain's hotline on 1800 131 555.

Phone call 'key to killing'

February 02, 2006 01:04pm

Article from: AAP - SMH


A MOBILE phone call, screaming, and loud music could be the keys to solving the disappearance of a suspected Sydney drug lord, police said today.

Police believe 24-year-old Mahmoud Sleiman, who went missing on February 2, 2003, may have been killed by rivals in a drug turf war.

Detectives with Task Force Gain, set up to investigate gun crime in south-western Sydney, have new information they believe may help find his killers.

On the day he disappeared, the father of one was seen speaking with a friend at 7.30am (AEDT) outside his home in Greystanes, in Sydney's west.

The friend was sitting in the driver's seat of a white Jeep Cherokee.

Detective Superintendent Mark Henney said what happened to Mr Sleiman after that meeting remains a mystery, although police believe he was murdered that day.

Supt Henney said officers from Strike Force Motoren, who are assigned to the case, are investigating whether Mr Sleiman – or his body – was in the Granville and Guildford area that afternoon.

"About 2pm on Sunday, February 2, a person rang Mr Sleiman on his mobile phone," Det Supt Henney said.

"It was answered and the caller could hear screaming, as well as the song, Insane in the Brain by Cypress Hill, playing loudly in the background.

"We now know that Mr Sleiman's mobile phone was in the Guildford-Granville area at the time of that call.

"We do believe there are members of the public with information about Mr Sleiman's death and we urge them to contact police."

Detectives were keen to hear from anyone who saw people acting suspiciously in the Guildford-Granville area on the day Mr Sleiman vanished, Supt Henney said.

"There might also be people who recall hearing screaming or music playing loudly in that area three years ago," he said.

Anyone with information was urged to contact Crime Stoppers.


Men set on victim 'like pack of animals'

Friday Oct 27 14:19 AEST


A Sydney man has told of how he saw four men surrounding his brother "like a pack of animals" the night he was fatally stabbed in the basement car park of an apartment building.

Sydney comedian George Nassaur broke down on Friday as he told Burwood Local Court he saw his brother on the ground "rolled in a ball screaming" during the attack.

Robin Nassaur, 34, died from multiple stab wounds on the evening of January 2 this year.

His brother George, known for his work in stand-up comedy shows, and SBS television's Fat Pizza, said the pair were attacked by four men after being led into the car park of an apartment building at Chiswick in Sydney's inner-west.

"They had a grin on their face like, you know, they're ready to belt us," he said.

Mr Nassaur is giving evidence at the committal hearing for three men charged over the attack.

Mahmoud Tajjour, 22, and Sleiman Siln Tajjour, 25, of Merrylands, and Michael Ibrahim, 27, of Dover Heights, have pleaded not guilty to murder and malicious wounding.

Mahmoud Tajjour also pleaded not guilty to common assault.

A fourth man allegedly involved in the attack, Faouzi Abou-Jibal, has since died.

George Nassaur said he and Robin had driven to the apartment building expecting to meet Abou-Jibal.

He said Abou-Jibal was going to help them sort out a problem with Ibrahim.

But shortly after arriving at the building the brothers were led to the basement car park where they were ambushed by the three accused, the court heard.

"I saw (Abou-Jibal) pull out a blade that was like 30cm long," Mr Nassaur said.

"He's pulled it out and stabbed me in the leg."

Mr Nassaur said he ran, but turned back out of concern for his brother.

"I've seen them all like a pack of animals kicking and punching my brother," he said.

"He was on the ground, I think he was rolled up in a ball screaming," he said.

The hearing continues.