Shaun Robert JONES

Circumstances:

Shaun Jones was last seen walking in a southerly direction, beside the Stuart Highway approximately 50kms south of Tennant Creek.
Shaun has not been seen since.
If you have information that may assist police to locate Shaun please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

 Missing Person
 
Stuart Highway
Tennant Creek NT 0862
 

Northern Territory Police are searching for missing 44-year-old Shaun Robert Jones.

Senior Sergeant Michael Potts said that search parties and investigations are ongoing.

“Shaun was last sighted on 26 September walking southbound along the edge of the Stuart Hwy approximately 30km south of Tennant Creek. We are particularly keen to speak with any motorist or truck driver that was travelling through this area on the 26 or 27 of September.

“Shaun is described as being 180cm tall, with a heavy build, fair complexion, shaved head and blue eyes. He has distinctive tattoos on his left leg and a blue bird tattooed on either his left or right ear lobe. He walks with limp to the right leg. 

“Police urge anyone that may have seen Shaun on or around the Stuart Highway south of Tennant Creek around the 26 or 27 of September, or if anyone who has any information about him, to please call Police on 131 444 or contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

 

Shaun Robert Jones missing since October 2, last seen in Tennant Creek area

POLICE are seeking the help of the public to locate a missing man who was last seen in the Tennant Creek area on Friday, October 2.

Police hold grave concerns for the welfare of missing 41-year-old Shaun Robert Jones, said Acting Superintendent Pauline Vicary from the Tennant Creek and Barkley Division.

Investigations are ongoing in the Tennant Creek area where he was last sighted.

“Shaun was last seen on October 2 heading South from Tennant Creek,” Supt Vicary said.

“Shaun is described as being 180cm tall, with a heavy build, fair complexion, shaved head and blue eyes. He has distinctive tattoos on his left leg and a blue bird tattooed on either his left or right ear lobe. He walks with limp to the right leg.”

Police urge anyone that may have seen Mr Jones or anyone who has any information about him to call them on 131 444.

 

Taxpayers will foot the compensation bill for a homeless man who was bashed by police during an arrest in Adelaide.

Chris Mackie has yet to agree to the confidential settlement offer, which could be up to $100,000.

A 7News crew captured video showing officer Matthew Schwarz and his partner Jennifer Clark arresting Shaun Jones and Christopher Mackie in December 2012.

“Obviously the footage speaks for itself. He's again quite scared to return to the state," Mr Mackie’s lawyer, Andrew Carpenter, said. 

Mr Mackie and his carer Shaun Jones were bashed by Constable Matthew Schwarz during an arrest in Whitmore Square in December 2012.

When assault charges against the pair were thrown out of court, they turned the tables and sued Constable Schwarz, his partner Jennifer Clark and the police force.

On Thursday, there were revelations that Mr Mackie's claim had been settled out of court.

When Constable Schwarz’s lawyer, Samuel Joyce, was asked by reporters if the decision to settle indicated guilt on his client’s behalf, he responded: "I'm not going to make any comment about that".

The terms of the settlement have not yet been negotiated.

Mr Joyce simply responded “thank you” when he was asked how much Mr Mackie would receive, but it could be as much as $100,000.

However, Shaun Jones' claim was thrown out. He has been missing in the Northern Territory since October.

"Unfortunately, we anticipate the worst but hopefully he turns up healthy and safe," said Andrew Carpenter said.

As Mr Mackie's lawyer, he said he hoped this case would help prevent any future incidents of police brutality.

He has urged SAPOL to use the video in the training of its officers.

"The motto of South Australian Police is protect and serve. Hopefully they use this to protect and serve," Mr Carpenter said.