Sharon Elizabeth FULTON


Age: 39 Years when missing Height: 165 cm Hair: Light Brown Eyes: Green

Sharon FULTON was taken to the East Perth railway station at 12pm on the 18th of March, 1986 where she was to meet a friend. She has not been seen or heard from since that date. Despite extensive inquiries by Police and family and comprehensive media coverage, there has been no information regarding her whereabouts since then. Concern is held for her welfare.
Last seen: Pink/Mauve dress

If anyone has seen Sharon Elizabeth FULTON , or has information regarding this persons whereabouts, please contact 1800 333 000

DESCRIPTION: (at time of disappearance):
AGE:  39 years
HEIGHT:  165cm
BUILD:  Medium
EYES:  Green
HAIR:  Brown shoulder length wavy hair 
To this day a mystery still surrounds the disappearance of mother of four – Sharon Elizabeth FULTON.
FULTON was born Sharon Elizabeth HULME on the 31st of May 1946 in Dubbo, New South Wales, the only child of Robert and Betty HULME. 
When Sharon was 21 years of age she married Maxwell Robert FULTON on the 8th of July at St Paul’s Presbyterian Church in Brisbane. Together, Robert (which he preferred to be called) and Sharon had four children.
Robert was employed by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and was often posted to RAAF bases both with in Australia and overseas. In February 1983 Robert was transferred to Western Australia where the family took up residence on Readshaw Road in Duncraig while Robert worked at Pearce Air Base in Bullsbrook.
It was from this address that Sharon FULTON, aged 39, was reported missing to police on the 21st of March 1986, by her husband who last saw his wife four days earlier on March 18th 1986. 
Robert reported that he had arrived home from work around Midday on March the 18th to find his wife missing after having had a conversation with her the previous day where she informed him that she needed time to herself. He later told police that he had taken his wife to the East Perth Train Station on this date.
Sharon has not been seen or heard of since. At the time of Sharon’s death her children aged 15 yrs, 10 yrs, 7 yrs and 3 yrs, were left to fend for themselves without a mother, never knowing what happened to her. She was described as an enthusiastic person by all that knew her, centering her life on motherhood, and occasionally enjoying times with her friends while following her hobby of ten pin bowling. In 2010, the circumstances surrounding her disappearance still remain a mystery and the tragedy continues to haunt her children – now all grown up – and her friends who are still searching for answers.  

Detectives are eager to speak with anyone who knew Sharon Fulton – friend or acquaintance - prior to the time that she vanished. If you have any information about Sharon’s disappearance, make a report online or call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, where all calls are strictly confidential, and rewards are offered. Please quote Reference Number 5306. 


Crimestoppers WA - Sharon Elizabeth Fulton was born in Dubbo New South Wales in May 1946. She was an only child and got married when she was 21, in Brisbane Queensland. Her husband was employed by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and he was posted to RAAF bases both within Australia and overseas.

The Fulton family moved to Western Australia in February 1983 when Mr Fulton was transferred to Perth through his work and they lived in Duncraig.

Sharon Fulton was the mother of four children under the age of 15 years at the time of her disappearance. She was a caring mother who also enjoyed catching up with friends and was a keen ten pin bowler, competing in local competitions.


Around 9.30am on Tuesday 18 March 1986, Mrs Fulton left her home address in Readshaw Road, Duncraig, and dropped her three year-old son off in Wangara.

Mrs Fulton had earlier rung a friend who was having a party at 11am that morning to inform her that she may be a little late as she had an appointment in Perth. Police are unaware of what appointment this was.

Mr Fulton picked up his three year old son from Wangara around 11.30am and returned home in Duncraig to find his wife wasn’t home.

Mrs Fulton’s husband arrived home from work around 12 noon that day, expecting his wife to be there. Mrs Fulton was not at home. Mr Fulton attended the Warwick Police Station on Friday 21 March 1986 and reported his wife missing.

The person or persons responsible for Mrs Fulton’s disappearance have not yet been identified.

If you have any information in relation to the disappearance of Sharon Elizabeth Fulton, her movements around Tuesday 18 March 1986, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make a report online below. All reports to Crime Stoppers can be made anonymously if you wish and rewards are available.