Jean Vincent POLICARPIO

Missing 21-year-old Canberra man Jean PolicarpioBonner man Jean Policarpio has been missing since September 27.

 

Parents of missing Canberra man Jean Policarpio issue appeal for him to come home

Posted 

The parents of a 21-year-old Canberra man who has been missing for 12 days have publicly appealed for their son to return home.

Jean Policarpio was last seen at his home in Bonner on the morning of September 27.

Police and emergency services have conducted extensive searches of the suburb, along with the neighbouring suburb of Forde and the nearby Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary.

Today, Senior Constable Tanja Catalinac addressed the media, along with Mr Policarpio's parents.

"We are trying everything we possibly can to bring him forward or find someone who may have seen him," she said.

Mr Policarpio's father Will, standing alongside his wife and Jean's mother Beth, made a statement on behalf of the family.

"We would like to take this opportunity to appeal to our son Jean Vincent Policarpio," he said.

"If you are watching at the moment or listening, we want you to know that we are so worried about you and we want you to come home.

"If you decide to stay out there at least let us know that you are safe and well."

Will Policarpio also appealed to the public, urging them to help he and his wife "find our son".

"If anyone has any knowledge of his whereabouts or information about his disappearance we are urging you to please contact the police," he said.

Senior Constable Catalinac said details were scarce on Mr Policarpio's disappearance.

She said New South Wales Police had been alerted and were also on the lookout.

"We have notified all transportation companies and given them his picture, but we don't know if he's gone interstate or whether he's still in Canberra," she said.