Mark Stephen MELVILLE

DOB - 1952

Age when missing - 38 years

Hair - Brown

Build - thin

Eyes - Hazel

Height - 183cm

 

Office of the Minister for Police

SYDNEY, 1st August 2007

MURDER

ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($100,000)

REWARD

MARK STEPHEN MELVILLE, aged 38, was last seen on the 21st September 1990 at Hornsby Railway Station. Personal items belonging to Mark were located on a bush track at Mt Kuring Gai on the 22nd September 1990. It is strongly believed that Mark has met with foul play.

Notice is hereby given that a reward of up to one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) will be paid by the Government of New South Wales for information leading to the location of the remains of Mark Stephen Melville and the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the death of Mark Stephen MELVILLE.

The allocation of this reward will be at the sole discretion of the Commissioner of Police.

The urgent assistance and co-operation of the public is especially sought in the matter. Any information, which will be treated as confidential, may be given at any time of the

day or night any Police Station or by telephone -

Police Headquarters telephone (02) 9281 0000, or

Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000

THE HON. DAVID CAMPBELL, M.P.,

Minister for Police

Reward of $100,000 to solve death of Mark Melville

A $100,000 reward is on offer for information leading to the arrest and conviction of one or more persons over the suspicious death of Mark Melville in Sydney on 21 September, 1990.

Mr Melville was last seen alive at the Hornsby Railway Station in the early hours of Friday morning - it is unknown what happened to him after that time.

Following a coronial inquest in January 2007, the Coroner concluded that Mr Melville had died some time on or after 21 September, 1990, but where he died and how he died could not be determined.

Clothing belonging to Mr Melville was found on a bush track at Mt Kuring-gai the day after his disappearance. This raised further suspicions for police who knew the victim could not have got to the walking track on his own, because of injuries he had suffered in a previous accident.

Mr Melville's body has never been found.

Mr Melville's mother provided a sample of her DNA to police, so it could be checked against any unidentified bodies discovered in NSW - but so far there has been no match.

 

$100k reward for missing person leads

Posted 

The New South Wales Government is offering a $100,000 reward to try to solve a 17-year-old missing person case.

Thirty-eight-year-old Mark Melville disappeared in September 1990 and was last seen alive at Hornsby Railway Station, in Sydney's north.

Police Minister David Campbell says the money is being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

He says there are extremely suspicious circumstances surrounding Mr Melville's death and his family deserve answers.

"The belongings of Mr Melville that were found on a bush track at Mt Kurringai have raised suspicions for police who knew that he could not have got to the walking track on his own, because of injuries he'd suffered in a previous accident," he said.

Mr Campbell says it is hoped the reward will encourage witnesses to come forward.

"Earlier this year the Coroner did make some findings and police never give up on these issues and cases such as this," he said.