The 39-year-old was last seen about 5pm on 10 April in Bairnsdale and has
had no contact with his family since.
Investigators believe that Dalibor, who may be driving a silver 2005 Ford
sedan registered 1NK 8BP, intended to travel to the Sale area and then
on to Melbourne.
Family weeps at appeal for information over Dalibor ‘Dale’ Pantic’s
The family of a missing man remains hopeful as the search continues for the
“loving dad” two months after his disappearance. But police do not share their
optimism for the suspected murder victim.
June 17, 2019 - 11:59PM
The family of a man missing for more than two months has tearfully
pleaded for information regarding his disappearance, with police
holding “grave concerns” for the man’s life.
Father of five Dalibor “Dale” Pantic was last seen on the evening of
April 10 when he caught up with a friend at a farm at Perry Bridge in
The 38-year-old left the property, near Sale, at about 7pm, intending to
drive to Melbourne.
But Mr Pantic, who is from Lakes Entrance, did not arrive and has had no
contact with family since.
His fiance reported him missing on April 13. His family today offered a
$10,000 reward for information regarding his whereabouts.
Clutching the hands of their aunt Bozina Pantic like a lifeline, young
daughters Maya, 11, and Karla, 14, tearfully told of their “loving” dad.
“He was the best dad ever,” Maya said. “Bring my dad back.”
Pantic’s ex-partner Katerina sat to the side, arm in arm with Pantic’s
mother Rezica and watched on as the girls and their grandfather, Jovan
Pantic, bravely fronted the media.
“I don’t believe somebody killed him,” Mr Pantic said. “In my mind I
think very positive.”
But Mr Pantic’s hope was not echoed by Missing Person Squad Detective
Acting Inspector Julian Horan, who said that there was no evidence
pointing towards Mr Pantic still being alive.
“The fear that we hold is that he has been killed,” Inspector Horan
“The proof of life inquiries we have conducted over the last two months
have no record of him being alive since that day.
“It’s very unusual for Dale to not be in contact with his family.”
Inspector Horan confirmed that Mr Pantic’s links to local drug
organisations in Lakes Entrance, Sale and Bairnsdale contributed to the
police’s belief that he was no longer alive.
His mobile phone was found on May 1 at Wurruk being held by a person
linked to the local drug scene.
The phone had been with Mr Pantic when at Perry Bridge the day he
MISSING MAN’S CAR
SEEN AFTER HE VANISHED
The car had distinctive wheel rims.
It comes after police revealed that Mr Pantic’s car was driven around
Melbourne in the days after he was last seen alive.
It is unclear who was driving Mr Pantic’s silver 2005 Ford sedan,
registered 1NK 8BP, in the days after he left for Melbourne that day.
The first sighting was at a service station inbound on the Princes
Freeway at Officer at 12.28am on 12 April.
It was captured by cameras twice later that day travelling outbound on
Police have released images of distinctive non-standard wheel rims on Mr
Police say they have “strong concerns” for his welfare.
Missing persons squad acting detective Insp. Julian Horan said
investigators believed there were members of the community who knew what
“Dale has a close relationship with his five kids and was making the
long drive to Melbourne and back to Lakes Entrance in one day in order
to meet up with two of his daughters the following day,” Insp. Horan
“Dale hasn’t been active on any of his social media accounts, accessed
his bank accounts or made contact with any family members.
Mr Pantic is about 178cm tall and of solid build, with brown hair and
Anyone who sights him of the Ford can contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333
000 or visit the website to make a confidential report on crimestoppersvic.com.au
Man charged with murder following 2019 disappearance of Dalibor
Wednesday 10 November 2021 8:51am
Victoria Missing Persons Squad
detectives have today charged a man with murder following the 2019
suspicious disappearance of Lakes Entrance man Dalibor (Dale) Pantic.
Following a long and protracted
investigation, a 33-year-old Sale man was taken into custody early
this morning and has since been charged with murder.
He will face Sale Magistrates’ Court
39-year-old Dalibor was last seen
during the evening of 10 April, 2019 at Lakes Entrance and had not
been in contact with his family since. Despite numerous extensive
searches by police, Dalibor’s location is still unknown. Our
thoughts are with Dalibor’s family and friends at this difficult